ASX 0.08% $77.44 asx limited

Corporate governance what is the mystery

1. 99 Posts.
    The term "Corporate goveranance" has been tossed around over recent month, ENRON, WORLDCOM etc have highlighted the need for Boards to deal with the market with honesty and integrity.

More losses have been generated than previously foreshawdowed in the recent WorldCom disaster, more and more surprise.

The question is will it be the LAST or will it be the beginning of more revalation. My guess we are just seeing the tip of the iceburg.

i am continued to be amazed by the corporate behaviour of the cowboys that run companies. No respect for shareholders, staff, and stakeholders.

Australia is not immuned from this sought of behaviour, lets see what the future holds.

Boards are appointed to look after the interests of shareholders, a very basic principle however it would appear that the big end of town are still unable to deal with reality.

Legal action against reckless directors should be enforced. Jail terms imposed and the world we see a change. No one wants to spend time in the clink.

The investment community is demanding respect and will only get it when they see some action. HIH, Harris Scarf demonstrate corporate behaviour that went astray.

Corporate Governance is not that hard, its should be directed towards managing shareholder interest, adding value and doing what is right. if you are a director and you accept a fee for the service you are supposed to provide, you need to understand the business, question management actions, impose some stratergy that is directed towards the creation of shareholder value.

The most important thing of all...Is to act honestly...after all ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$77.44
Change
-0.060(0.08%)
Mkt cap ! $14.99B
Open High Low Value Volume
$78.26 $78.26 $76.91 $24.21M 313.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1963 $77.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$77.44 1757 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2021 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
$77.43
  Change
-0.060 ( 0.25 %)
Open High Low Volume
$78.04 $78.04 $76.93 19180
Last updated 15.59pm 29/07/2021 (live) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.