1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

computer help please

1. jwt

2,348 posts.
    I have a computer problem that reoccurs regularly and drives me crazy. I do seem to get rid of it but then it comes back. Don't know what I've done to get rid of it or cause it to reappear.
    In essence my computer seems to freeze for perhaps 15 to 20 seconds every 15 minutes or thereabouts. My screensaver is the randomly rotating date and time - every 15 minutes this will freeze for 20 secs.
    It's like my computer is being scanned by a program at regular intervals.
    Programs running at the moment are; power saving, explorer,Systray,Navapw32, N Protect, and RNaapp.
    I assume 2 of these are to do with Norton but don't know what RNaapp is. Tried to turn it off but without much luck.
    Any whizz kids out there? Save my sanity.
    Cheers
    jwt

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.