BRN 0.00% 4.3¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Xnor.ai..”..The carbon footprint of data centers running all of...

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Xnor.ai..
    ”..The carbon footprint of data centers running all of those algorithms is a key issue,” Farhadi said. “And with the way AI is progressing, it will be a disastrous issue pretty soon, if we don’t think about how we’re going to power our AI algorithms. Data centers, cloud-based solutions for edge-use cases are not actually efficient ways, but other than efficiency, it’s harming our planet in a dangerous way.”Farhadi argues that cloud-based AI can’t scale as easily as edge-based AI. “Imagine when I put a camera or sensor at every intersection of this city. There is no cloud that is going to handle all that bandwidth,” he said. “Even if there were, back-of-the-envelope calculations would show that my business will go bankrupt before it sees the light of day.”The edge approach also addresses what many might see as the biggest bugaboo about having billions of AI bugs out in the world: data privacy.“I don’t want to put a camera in my daughter’s bedroom if I know that the picture’s going to end up in the cloud,” Farhadi said.Xnor.ai was spun out from the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, or AI2, only a couple of years ago, and the venture is ramping up a variety of commercial projects with millions of dollars of financial backing from Madrona Venture Group, AI2 and other investors.Farhadi has faith that the technology Xnor.ai is currently calling “solar-powered AI” will unlock still more commercial frontiers, but he can’t predict whether the first applications will pop up in the home, on the street or off the beaten track.“It will open up so many different things, the exact same thing when the light bulb was invented: No one knew what to do with it,” he said. “The technology’s out there, and we’ll figure out the exact products.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $54.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.4¢ 4.2¢ $137.4K 3.209M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 465116 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 302454 5
View Market Depth
Last update - 16.10pm 23/08/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
4.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.3¢ 4.4¢ 4.2¢ 1124497
Last updated 15.53pm 23/08/2019 (live) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.