1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

cogstate featured in an article

1. williak

5,198 Posts.
    I don't know why CGS code not accepted by the forum so I had to use NCP code.

Recently listed CogState and Perpetual bought I believe over 8 million shares recently, for a good reason, today featured in an article:

Beckham may have his head examined

By Elicia Kennedy

A SMALL Melbourne company could soon be playing a major role in monitoring the health of David Beckham and millions of other soccer players around the globe.

Newly listed CogState yesterday revealed it had been chosen to take part in a major new study sponsored by soccer's governing body, FIFA, on the effects of head injuries on brain function.

Initiated by FIFA's Medical and Research Centre, the Oslo study will use CogState's cognitive CogSport computerised test to assess the effects of concussion and head injury on 300 professional Norwegian soccer players.

It will also look at whether heading the ball is harmful.

The company said the study, potentially a major boost to CogState's profile, was the first major research effort to examine whether minor head impacts could cause brain injury.

The CogSport system is already used by various sporting bodies, including the AFL - CogState will soon publish the results of a four-year AFL study - Britain's Jockey Club and the Australian Wallabies, to test recovery from concussion.

Developed in the late 1990s by Melbourne University scientists, the test involves a sequence of cards flashed on to a computer screen to test players' reactions, decision making and memory before and after sports injuries.

CogState said it was the only computerised neuro-psychological test of its kind in Australia, and that it was more sensitive and effective than clinical tests done by doctors.

CogState shares slipped 1¢ to 52¢ yesterday.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.