cnn chief accuses israel of terror , page-2

1. 5,748 Posts.
    re: cnn ex chief withdraws remaks Heh heh heh....Caught again again Cutie pie.........Didn't follow up the story did you? Too much in a hurry to post your anti Israel crap.....heh heh he

Anything more recent from that sacked idiot? heh heh heh
    ************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Ted Turner Recants Rant on Israeli 'Terrorism'

Ted Turner, idiot-in-chief of AOL Time Warner, thinks it's so cute when he says something obnoxious and then takes it back the next day after the usual fuss. No doubt he says stupid things on purpose to get the media attention he so desperately craves. So here we go again ...

After his remarks Tuesday to a left-wing British newspaper about Israeli "terrorism," tempestuous Ted is eating even more crow than usual.

"I regret any implication that I believe the actions taken by Israel to protect its people are equal to terrorism," the notorious globalist and anti-religious bigot said in a statement repeated on his CNN by press-release reader Kyra Phillips. "I want to make it absolutely clear that my view was and is that there is a fundamental distinction between the acts of the Israeli government and the Palestinians.

"I believe the Israeli government has used excessive force to defend itself, but that is not the same as intentionally targeting and killing civilians with suicide bombers."

It didn't help that his initial comments came right before two Palestinian terrorists killed dozens of Israelis.

Yes, this is the same Ted Turner who, when a student at Brown University, paraded around in a Nazi uniform, as Fox News Channel confirmed this week.

'Stupid'

As Israeli government spokesman Daniel Seaman noted Tuesday, "My only advice to Ted Turner is if people assume you are stupid, it is best to keep your mouth shut rather than open your mouth and confirm everyone in that view."

"His remarks are obscene and over the line," said Marvin Hier, director of Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles.

CNN, which just can't understand why its ratings have fallen, was frantically claiming that its founder's opinions were strictly his own. Cable news leader Fox News Channel, though, has had great fun noting that Turner still appeared to be calling the shots at CNN.

Fox's Brit Hume included video of Phillips reading the press release handed to her by her boss. "That was just given to me by Ted Turner," she concluded.

The outspoken John Gibson noted in his opinion segment, "Why I'm Happy to Be at Fox," that "Turner got another flogging from the American media — including CNN, which had an anchor read the story and say that Turner's views weren't those of the network."

"Well ... almost immediately the anchor was back on the air reading from a piece of paper that had just been handed to her by Turner in the studio!!! ...

"Okay. Fine. Now we know more about what Ted thinks, as if we couldn't deduce what he thinks from the way his network covers things. But the curious thing about all of this for me — as someone who sits before a camera talking about and reporting on the news — is the thought of the network founder standing off camera holding a piece of paper and saying, 'You there. Read this on the air.'"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.