CMP 2.50% 39.0¢ compumedics limited

CMP's history only backs its future

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    One of the interesting remarks, I read on this forum about CMP is "Extremely slow growth. They've been around for ages."

Firstly of all, it is true that CMP has been around since 1987 and has been specializing in sleeping monitoring devices, occasionally adopted by NASA and other medical centers. Since 2000, it started its expansion into DWL and neuroscan division through acquisition of US and German firms.

Secondly, its profit margin over the recent years has been very low, as reflected in its share price dropping from $1 to less than $0.1 over years. Despite of this fact, its R&D investment has been about 15% of the revenue.

Some are skeptical about the prospect of CMP, given its past performance and history. What about the recent initiatives to offshore some of the productions, its recent major contracts in eHealth sectors, its continuing investment into technology to lead the industry, its forecast on sale units and not to mention its possible expansion into driver vigilance sectors.

"long history, slow growth" is precisely the reasons, I invest in CMP. Proven technology, distribution channels, established reputation, initiatives to counteract low margin and most importantly a predictable, backed vision of bringing CMP to different sectors by leveraging its technology.

Long history is a good thing. Slow growth is a good thing to make the management think and act.
    If history is the future, Apple/Facebook/Google/Amazont would never exist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.01(2.50%)
Mkt cap $70.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 40.5¢ 39.0¢ $39.50K 100.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10692 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 1237 1
Last update - 15.45pm 23/10/2018 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
39.0¢
  Change
-0.01 ( 2.50 %)
Open High   Low Volume
40.0¢ 40.0¢   39.0¢ 5503
Last updated 15.18pm 23/10/2018 (live) ?
CMP (ASX) Chart
GET SUPPORT arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.