NBD on a milder note: part of my family just returned from a...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    NBD
    on a milder note: part of my family just returned from a trip to Denmark, Northern Germany, then along the Western Coastline to Holland, back to Germany into Black Forest reagion, also Mosel Valley and also went as far east as Nuremberg.
    Wherever they went it was very hot and dry, rivers extremely low, temperatures in the 30s - this is late September to mid-October, when normally it is getting cooler.
    They were glad to return to the 'cooler' weather in Perth (where we already had some unseasonably hot days, but back to a cooler 'normal' with rain had and more expected today (20th October).

They also commented how beautiful and under-appreciated Germany is from a landscape point of view and some beautiful half-timbered towns, like Goslar (and many others like it).

2 weeks ago, I have also had an email from friends who went on a Danube cruise and at Budapest they had to 'disembark' onto buses, because the Danube was too low for a cruise ship. I have told another friend who is planning a river cruise in France next year, to take out insurance, as the shipping companies do not re-imburse, if they cannot find navigable waters, they just put you on buses.

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.