christmas cheer - australian bureau of statistics

  1. 6,668 Posts.

    31 Australians have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

    19 Australians have died in the last 3 years by eating Christmas decorations they believed were chocolate.
    Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling incidents.

    101 Australians since 1997 have had to have broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.

    18 Australians had serious burns in 1998 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

    A massive 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with teeth or eye socket.

    3 Australians die each year testing if a 9V battery works on their tongue.

    142 Australians were injured in 1998 by not removing all the pins from new shirts.

    58 Australians are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

    and finally:

    8 Australians cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep (passing out) while throwing up into the toilet.

    Go Aussie Go!!
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.