I am more disturbed by posts like that than when the locals get...

1. 6,410 Posts.
    I am more disturbed by posts like that than when the locals get a bit rowdy on here and set out to be deliberately offensive.

There is so much wrong with Mr Gordon's post and its ideals, it's almost a synthesis of all the elements that make the major religions such a useless means of effecting real and essential social change in this age.

If a criminal robs a bank, steals a car and crashes into a tree during a police chase, we the people, do everything in our power to save them, heal them and only then do we apply a societal punishment, still with care and responsibility. Not God, take a bit of fruit and He will kill your children and their children ad infinitum. 

Mr Gordon's God, with the made up name, wants you dead, real dead, end of world dead, unless you join the Jehovah Witness, otherwise He wants you even more dead than dead. You can see Donald Trump Americanism seeping from this religion. Their God is morally lower and far more vengeful, mindless and blood-lusting (transfusions excluded) than the basic ordinary, garden variety Australian.

It won't make any difference, you are right and I can't get my head around that to be honest. There is such a fundamental flaw in humans that does not exclude me of course, where evidence becomes meaningless. It may be instinctual. Humans need to find their tribe, be it sport or religion and they will behave as per the established tribal culture because belonging is more important than any truth, regardless of how ludicrous the beliefs or behaviour is. 

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.