GNM 0.00% 1.3¢ great northern minerals limited

Ok the best way I can explain your post is to talk about nickel...

1. 9,014 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16891
    Ok the best way I can explain your post is to talk about nickel sulphide and nickel laterite deposits and then I'll come back here and talk about spod versus lep. When technology was developed that aided nickel laterite depostis, the problem became that sulphide deposits became cheaper to extract as well so when prices fell the nickel lat deposits were the first to shut down. As sulphide deposits dwindle then laterite is making a comeback.
    Take iron ore - hematite versus magnetite - hematite is cheaper but magnetite came in vogue a little while back but ditto when price fell similar (i.e. just look what happened to all the magnetite deposits in the MidWest region of WA).

Sileach is a process for hardrock, include spod as per this video, but like brine producers trying to improve their own economics to compete in hydroxide end markets (I explain this imoprtance further below) still a new process in the R&D stage but if proved see below for my viewe on spod versus lep.

So lep will cost more to extract just because the deposit is technically not that great when compared to spod and to be blunt doubt it would, if developed, enter the more important inputs into the hydroxide market where real value is as against the still important carbonate market (oils ain't oils and hydroxide makes the best batteries and currently hydroxide can only be produced from spod because of its low iron and other impurities and even though lep is hardrock I have not seen any eveidence that lep, if viable, could enter that market but stand to be corrected if someone can find evidence/link). I talked about this in a post ages ago when comparing spod versus brine. And one flaw in the current video attached is it does not ackowledge that lithium hydroxide can only be produced from hardrock so it is irrelevant the so-called cost competitive of brine which it starts with to make comparisons with brine and therefore the importance of Sileach (certainly will help costs though if proven).
    Post #: 20908046
    Post #: 20874785

So my take is the Sileach technology will reduce costs but also do so for spod meaning spod will be always more cost competitive and better than lep. Given the lithium market is growing, I suspect spod will be always infront of lep until that spod resource starts running out allowing other types in, and that is a long way to go IMO for lepodite. Lep might compete with brine in the lower end lithium markets but brine is far cheaper, so do not see a role for lep for quite some time. And in any event any shortfall in carbonate IMO will be made up by brine and spod

All the above IMO so just my quick thoughta. Obviously @anatol and others may have a different view.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ $217 16.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43333 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 600000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ 99999
Last updated 10.46am 29/03/2024 ?
GNM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.