LYC 2.31% $2.54 lynas corporation limited

Article covers a number of points in the 5YP, not quite sure of...

1. 16,899 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2403
    Article covers a number of points in the 5YP, not quite sure of all the interpretations, I don't have a copy on my laptop, but they most definitely missed the clearly stated intent to cap exports at 42ktpa, a number that was reaffirmed just last year as 30% of the 140ktpa production level.

Now I'll suggest the Donald has unwittingly brought this action forward, and equally unwittingly provided a measure of justification for the action, with the following news:

"The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) has begun visits and meetings across the country to assess the “general upstream, midstream and downstream situation of rare earths and other strategic mineral resources,”"

https://chinaeconomicreview.com/beijing-launches-national-survey-of-rare-earths-as-stocks-soar/

That suggests to me that the Dragon is preparing the data to justify the cutting of exports to ROW to the WTO on the basis of domestic demand exceeding downstream supply, particularly now more stringent environmental controls have been enforced. China will no longer foul its backyard to supply unlimited RE to ROW at "cabbage" prices, and costs of remediation may factor there.

Depending on how the caps are applied this could have a dramatic impact on the values of La & Ce in that order, awesome news for Lynas as every $1kg would near throw $20M to the bottom line, and Pol would be grinning from ear to ear "je te l'avais dit"!

NdFeB would have been the next logical progression sometime early next decade, will be interesting to see if the Donald has also unwittingly brought this forward, and how it is structured, perhaps grades for robotics/drones/automation which would not easily be substituted by Japan, both in the middle grades which they don't do, or the higher grades where there own demand is accelerating rapidly.

After progression at snails pace for years, we may see the Dragon's agenda roll out much faster now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.54
Change
-0.060(2.31%)
Mkt cap ! $1.766B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.60 $2.63 $2.53 $7.068M 2.745M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 57936 $2.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.55 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last update - 16.10pm 17/09/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
$2.53
  Change
-0.060 ( 2.77 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.58 $2.63 $2.53 709754
Last updated 15.59pm 17/09/2019 (live) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.