1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
ACL 0.8¢

Cash is king

1. ivabiggon

1,048 Posts.
    At one time we said punting on Alchemia was a better bet than going to the track. It turns out you would probably have had a better time at Flemington.

The stock fell 80 per cent in one day in October after the company announced its big hope, the HA-Irinotecan cancer treatment, failed to meet targets. But one factor that drew us to Alchemia was its worth wasn’t simply based on research and development.

A recent announcement by the company indicates it is far from a lost cause, as it prepares to return to investors the more than $10m a year in revenue from fondaparinux, its generic treatment for deep vein thrombosis.

Similarly, when we first looked at Medical Developments, we were impressed by its historic strong annual operating cashflow of between $2m and $4m.

Medical technology companies are no different from other investments — cash today talks louder than potential tomorrow.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/busin...210987833?nk=9d04e0f453e1cc48a9dc8b81c8077fd8

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.