Hi, I'm about to start this process myself, but ours will be...

1. 22,600 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi,

I'm about to start this process myself, but ours will be part two story. We have not yet got over the hurdle of house design yet (haha) as we will be building on an acreage lot and most existing designs are for these cubby hole lots.

Anyway, we are going through the Home Builders Advantage (HBA). They are a Building Broker.
    They are working with us on a design, so early days. If you have a plan already, then costs will be saved.
    What they do is, work with you to decide exactly what you want in ALL regards, low end products, mid range to high etc, right down to door knobs, taps etc.
    From their big list of Builders (Builders effectively have to qualify) they put your house build out to tender.
    They make them break down all the different areas of the build so you know what is costing what. If you need to trim back, you know what each item is costing and what that will save.
    For their service, varies depending as to whether you have a house plan or not, the Builder pays them. Now obviously that in a round about way, ends up being costed to you. However HBA claim and guarantee, regardless of what house, style, size etc that they will save you 20%. Under the FTA Act etc if they don't live up to that, they fall under misleading and deceptive conduct attracting huge fines. They will also give past clients No's if you wanted to speak to some. They base a key of their business on client feed back.
    My Son has just completed a house using them and the Builder that both parties agreed upon (You & HBA).
    My Son is fussy, their were a few minor build issues, but were sorted/fixed in an instant, no if buts etc.
    That is a requirement HBA insist on with Builders or they get struck of the list.
    Your involved in the tender process, actually sit down with the builders and HBA etc, to discuss all points or queries, effectively interviewing them.
    So far I have only met with them twice re-house design, considering the limited info we gave etc, they appear sharp and picked up on just brief descriptions of design ideas I tried to communicate ha. So the first up plan, we were impressed.
    Before any commitment with them, they will have this house design finished, a reasonable cost estimate etc and then if I wish to proceed, a cost of around $1500 for lot survey etc which you have to have done anyway, then the builder covers their other costs.
    If I pull out before, no costs and in that time I could have spent 3mths with them chopping and changing the design.

There located in Balcatta and a Richard McHenry is the key person I have been dealing with.
    I'm not trying to sell them, just giving info as to what I experienced and found with them, DYOR

All the best on your adventure.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.