LNG 2.17% 23.5¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Buy or Sell

  1. 1,326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    “To be, or not to be: that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them?
    Prince Hamlet


    For myself, I have been having a think about what to do. I offer my thoughts as is - not as investing advice for others.

    We currently are in a period of intense pessimism about the companies future and management do not seem to be able to offer any strategy to get us out other than keep trying and wait for the trade war to end. After listening to the update back again, I felt that they are open to more innovative ways of getting SPAs such as offering equity etc just nothing has dropped yet or made financial sense yet.

    The trade war seems to have set in for the long term and a CR this year seems on the cards which will dilute our holdings quite badly

    As to the sp we cannot seem to find the bottom and my guess is the sp is going lower still.

    On the plus side we have a good project producing a commodity the world needs and what seems like a good team - although our CEO is a question mark - who I will not express an opinion on for fear of sparking another long winded boring debate - his pros and cons have been well explored!

    So should I "take arms against a sea of troubles"

    I could sell out - This would end the pain and stop further losses. But I would be selling when others are fearful and if the trade war does get sorted I might be cursing.

    I could sell some - Might be able to get back in cheaper in the near future and it reduces risk.

    I could buy more - Never thought I would get to buy more LNG shares at 25c. Others used so show off about average buy prices at 40c and I was envious. But I may lose more in the short term because I am not sure we have hit bottom. And what about that damaging CR......

    Or should I "suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" and do nothing

    Nobody can know when the sp has hit bottom I have time on my side in that I am not needing the capital urgently. However, I am excepting more potential losses and a damaging CR if I try to wait my losses out. However, by doing nothing I am protected from selling out at what is a really terrible price only to find the US and China end up coming to their senses.

    So what to do?

    Like our fine young Prince Hamlet, I am procrastinating as I try to choose between all these bad options. Hamlet took up arms in the end and it did not end well - so perhaps doing nothing in our case is not so bad.









 
watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $135.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 24.0¢ 23.0¢ $203.4K 871.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 45524 23.5¢
 

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 101325 6
View Market Depth
Last update - 15.59pm 19/07/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
23.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.0¢ 24.0¢ 23.0¢ 451879
Last updated 15.55pm 19/07/2019 (live) ?
LNG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.