WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Jase I'll email you shortly CMK Corporate spotlight is on the...

1. 189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    Jase
    I'll email you shortly

CMK
    Corporate spotlight is on the surface a very good idea. What puts me off it is the cost of the product. $12,000 per year is is "interesting" for what it actually is in terms of software - and in OBJ's case, a very hard sell . A "Community Feedback" idea, albeit far more simplistic in its method, is an easy way to defeat the argument as it achieves the same purpose and its cost is $0 - However....

As you pointed out with your experience, OBJ has in the past been very challenging when accepting shareholder input, and this is likely to be the bigger issue - perhaps it could be considered as POINT#1 on the brainstorming list

And for everyone else - just a bit of actual brainstorming here:
    In the same vein as my previous posts, I get the feeling the board reluctance could be due to an misaligned perception of shareholders. Possibly a result of old communications and attitudes now long past, or directed by a small number of still angry and aggressive holders toward them.

I suspect that their perception is that they see investors a bit like debt collectors: Justified in approaching for collection, but making things worse with a hard line approach that creates a level of conflict - it simply feels more safe, more easy and more comfortable for the board to ignore our questions and suggestions than answer or get involved.

For the concept to work, the community feedback would have to present itself to the board as a welcome, cost free, co-operative and helpful communication channel for reference purposes. I.e - a good thing they wont treat as "junk mail - bin it".

I personally don't want to present a "You owe us the sum of 10 answers and 2 reports - we are here to collect today" report - IMO that approach will get ignored and or resisted (With some very rare exceptions). So I immediately would like to drop my idea of sending anything that resonates as a "report card" reference - (sorry, my bad).

It needs to be feedback which is rational, clear, logical and most of all valuable. It needs to be conveyed in a way that the board feels contented if not glad to respond to, and it shouldn't be overwhelming. No huge 50-point list, not every month, etc.

If you wondering why I'm taking a Diplomatic approach to the this - its because I believe the heavy handed approach, used by many past holders has proven totally ineffective. Its time for a change in strategy.

With an ICT background my instinct is for this to be an online activity. However that immediately causes cost, and implies it should be OBJ hosted, all of which i don't want to dump on the company, in view of killing the idea straight out. For now, its prob best to stick to simplicity such as email correspondence, and discuss that way way down the track if it ever took off.

Maybe Matt might have some good input on what he thinks is appropriate for us to get the idea going. he is after all the communication guy - he knows the boards typical attitudes, is seeing all our communications to them, and knows which go through & those which dont.

Anyone got a good working relationship with him?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.