ON ASYLUM SEEKERSMr Morrison said “disappointment” was “not a...

1. 11,761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3068

ON ASYLUM SEEKERS

Mr Morrison said “disappointment” was “not a strong enough word” to express his feelings towards those advocating changes to asylum seeker policy, citing his time as immigration minister under Tony Abbott.

“I lived through those horrible years when the bodies were piling up, and I vowed to myself when I came to government, when Tony was prime minister, that we were never, ever going to allow this to happen again,” he said.

“And what is happening in our Australian parliament right now, it may be entirely well motivated. I’m not making any judgments about people’s motivations here. In fact, quite the opposite.

“But what I am doing is — they do not know what they’re playing with. They have no idea of the consequences of what they are playing with. And they will unleash a world of woe again. How do I know? I’ve seen it before. And I never, ever want to see it again.”

He rejected any suggestion that he and his frontbenchers had been misrepresenting the contents of the bill on asylum seeker medical transfers.

Looks like we have the usual lot of folk who want something without understanding the problem at all. No need to guess who they are. 
    Shorten is backing down after a briefing. why? Its a security risk and yet they did not even check that before taking on Phelps bill. No wonder people died last time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.