1.  My comment regarding denial was to jopo.  Who was being...

1. 10,503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    1.  My comment regarding denial was to jopo.  Who was being inconsistent and irrational.  And who is a constant repetitive denier of the science on these threads in a consistently irrational way.

2.  If you don't think 1 degree of warming is significant and do not understand the science, then you could ask why I consider that to be significant.  And I would answer. 

3. But when you respond to a post which was not addressed to you, and you use language like:
    "Are you for real?"  [yes, I am posting consistent with over a century of science work and over thirty years of international collaboration and advice to governments on the issue, and I am pointing out gross blinkers of jopo's in ignoring the obvious]
    "It's just such a baseless argument bordering on preposterous." [apart from all that science that I mentioned above] and
    "Generations to come will think what a bunch of fools that can't even add 1 + 1?" [as I said, the jokes on you]

And you then object to the term denial?  Is calling scientists and people who advocate for that science "fools" somehow not an issue for you?  Not uncivil?
    Your own statements are at best ignorant of that science.  Maybe you are in denial of that science.  But the guy I addressed my post to using that term most certainly is in denial of the science.

And if you don't think a degree of warming so far isn't a big deal and you don't think another degree of warming by the end of this century wouldn't be an even bigger deal, then there is a fair bit of googling you could do on the subject.  If you can manage to keep away from the multitude of denial non-science blog sites.

Maybe try starting here:
    http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2007/05/start-here/
    Last edited by mjp2: 21/02/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.