1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Bob Katter says situation in Qld is diabolical

1. Dave R

38,976 Posts.
    AAP
    Federal MP Bob Katter says neither of the major parties in Queensland is capable of running a government.
    Labor and the Liberal National Party are both locked in talks with crossbench MPs, including two from Katter's Australian Party, with both so far failing to win enough seats to govern in their own right.
    "I think you're looking at possibly the two worst governments in Queensland history," Mr Katter said.
    "None of those people are capable of running government, none of them have had any experience in running government."
    He said it has left Queensland in a "very, very diabolical state".
    However, Mr Katter said the two KAP MPs, Shane Knuth and his son Rob Katter, are likely to side with one of them to avoid Queenslanders having to go back to the polls.
    Mr Katter said his son had "expressed very, very strongly that he wants outcomes for the people he represents".
    He said if there was a gridlock Queensland Governor Paul de Jersey could determine which major party would form government.
    "The will of the people has been expressed in an election - interpreting that is the job for the governor," he said.
    Mr Katter insisted he was only providing advice to KAP MPs and was not sitting in on negotiations.
    Meanwhile, Labor leader Annastacia Palaszczuk arrived at parliament to have discussions with Independent Peter Wellington.
    She said she was going to offer Mr Wellington leadership stability and a focus on integrity and accountability in government.
    "Only the Labor party has a clear plan," Ms Palaszczuk said outside parliament without taking any questions.
    "We know the LNP is in absolute chaos at the moment.
    "They went to the election with a plan for asset sales.
    "All of their election commitments are based on asset sales. They therefore have nothing."
    Dave R.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.