NCM 4.13% $27.42 newcrest mining limited

best stock on the bourse

1. 9,081 Posts.
    In my opinion NCM will be a high flyer in the 2003/4 fiscal year.

Today, I added to my holdings by purchasing at $7.72

WHY my optimism?

Firstly, gold looks set to retest the lows of around $352/1 .... and if it holds, then these levels will be the lowest price you will see for gold for the next couple of years.

The bull market in gold is still well and truly intact.

So, why NCM?

- It is positive for NCM that it has recieved Indonesian govt. permits that allow the Toguraci gold deposit to be developed via the Gosowong treatment plant. Drilling results near the plant site have produced exceptional results (only 1 km. south of Gosowong). For eg. some of the intercepts include 10.4 metres at 34 grams per tonne. The Kencana prospect may surprise the market. Currently 4 drills are operating at Kencana. Watch for good results over the coming months.

Also, expect good things soon re. NCM's 100% owned Telfer Gold mine. The loan funding for this mine's development has now been finalised and we should witness initial produnction from Telfer in Oct., 2004.

With a restructured gold hedge book to June 2004 which will achieve an avergage gold price of $601 (au) an ounce prudent risk management is in place.

Once Telfer is on stream NCM should be worth around $10+ per share based on the current gold price of around $352 (US). This figure blows out expotentially if the POG explodes to $400+ (US).

At the height of the last major gold bull run NCM was trading at in excess of $20.00 per share.

It could happen again if the scenario espoused by the gold perma-bulls unfolds.

If NCM hits $10 or more, I will be content to sell 50% of my holdings and hold the rest for the "ride".

And of course, there is the other wildcard - NCM may attract corporate raiders who appreciate its long term fundamentals.

I have rarely been more positive on a single stock.

I have done the research and put the bulk of my funds into NCM.

Of, course I could be wrong. If so, I will pay dearly.

But, then again, I could be right - and I think that I am on the money with this one.

Good luck to all NCM holders (and buyers).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.42
Change
-1.180(4.13%)
Mkt cap ! $21.98B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.20 $27.57 $27.20 $55.64M 1.867M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 630 $27.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.44 307 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.14am 28/02/2020 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
$27.38
  Change
-1.180 ( 4.26 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.25 $27.56 $27.25 63631
Last updated 10.34am 28/02/2020 (live) ?
NCM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.