BEN 1.69% $10.25 bendigo and adelaide bank limited

Hope it helps, once the principles click it is really quite...

1. 3,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1336

Hope it helps, once the principles click it is really quite simple. Sounds silly but just a matter of getting the concepts, practising a couple simple trades and getting some confidence.

If I can do it ,anyone can. The confusing part for most folks is that it's price AND TIME.
    You're putting your neck on the line with a time point. It's just buying and selling shares but with time points considered.

That book is easier to understand over another one I also started with, but the other was too convoluted with too many fancy hedges, strategies etc.

The ASX has a bunch of pdfs you can download from their educational section on options (Exchange Traded ones vs Company options)

Keep it simple always is the best way. I sell oppies for extra cash flow and use that money to compound my position over time. Yes I cut myself off when a stock runs BUT I am also taking money out along the way which a lot of people do not do, hence ride the price up and back down again.

Also in hindsight, I had a colleague who sold some calls on STO at over $14, had them exercised (at $14) then STO went to under $4 so that was a great trade BUT as always, only clear in hindsight, as with anything in life.

The most conservative strategy is sell covered calls and on the other side perhaps a couple of index puts(XJO) (they're euro style) and based on basket of asx 200 so over time will expire as the index trends up as it has over the last century (with some blips along the way). Just gotta be conservative and ride those bumps out in regards to put options.

Best of luck and so long as we're churning away and growing wealth over time and living a good life, it's about all you can ask for.
    And good health to enjoy the gains as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.25
Change
0.170(1.69%)
Mkt cap ! $5.819B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.10 $10.26 $10.07 $24.30M 2.384M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1825 $10.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.26 53063 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$10.25
  Change
0.170 ( 1.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
$10.09 $10.26 $10.07 377833
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
BEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.