I think there are a lot of people out there who fail to fully...

1. 5,478 Posts.
    I think there are a lot of people out there who fail to fully appreciate the basis for the comparison. Sure there are numerous things that can differ between makerts.

Performance differences exist from location to location, suburb to suburb, cities to cities, state to state and country to country. But the comparison between Aust and the US for example have been talked about mainly in terms of credit influence, namely loose credit.

Its proven that loosening of credit drives up prices and the subsequent tightening does the opposite. We are now experiencing the tightening cycle..

People want to point to things like non-rescourse loans, quality of build, size of dwellings, migration/population growth differences etc to point to us being ‘different’..well its going to be interesting to see how these differences affect the magnitude of the peak to trough decline.

America RE market is a ‘different animal entirely’. I guess if you look at a dog from the back as oppose to the front, it would different. IMO It’s the same animal, just trained or lead differently.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.