bazza: investing in the u.s.

  1. 1,626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

    To invest in the US requires a couple of forms to be filled out (US Government) and if going through a US broker generally $US2,500 sitting in a bank account (foreign investor) unless you've got a green card.

    Some local brokers who offer the service (and don't require the US Bank account (but will give you a broad FX rate spread), are Ord Minnett for Full service or HSBC for online (formerly MLHSBC broking).

    Due to fees and inability to watch the market closely from Aus, it's probably better for most people to invest through a Mutual Fund.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.