WTM 12.5% 9.0¢ waratah minerals limited

I kind of get it. Hedge funds look for signs of vulnerability in...

1. 2,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    I kind of get it. Hedge funds look for signs of vulnerability in terms of companies ambitiously trying to grow, needing capital, or with a stressed balance sheet, and then they short the target companies and put out a campaign of negative research that nails the share price and then they obviously buy it back to close their short position after it has been smoked. I can see a bunch of goons rolling around here on Hot Copper doing the same - not having any real effect on the market, but scaring the sh## out of poor old mum and dad investors who probably sell. Pretty annoying - but its a free world*. Occasionally the goons get it right, hats off. Now f### off hehe.

*Better to be in a hedge fund and doing it for a job. Preying on mum and dad investors on Hot Copper, peddling your short ideas in amongst a pretty well-meaning investor group who wouldn't understand your motives, is about as low and sad as it gets in the investment world, even if you're right this time. Haha I'm laughing with you. If I had enough time I would been following this closer from a tactical perspective, and traded the volatility (instead of complaining about the SP weakness), which is what I normally try to do (but trying not to negatively campaign and scare/manipulate the poor folk on these forums, though). I implicitly put BAT in the "set and forget" basket (my mistake). On some of my best investments I have f###ed the initial entry and doubled down......
    Last edited by HarkenBanks: 14/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.0¢
Change
0.010(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $13.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 9.0¢ 8.0¢ $10.93K 124.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1890 8.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 32210 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.35pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.