Sorry @Nooch your last sentence is very very wrong. In terms of...

1. 9,014 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16891
    Sorry @Nooch your last sentence is very very wrong. In terms of myself I only support skilled migration and don't care where people come from.

I no longer believe we can take unskilled or refugees anymore given our budget problems and cost of living here, especially in housing. If they are unskilled they would be a drain on scarce public finances through welfare and/or public housing and we should be caring for our own before taking any others on and we already know of underemployment in Australia and the difficulty unskilled labour has in getting jobs. We have enough families sleeping on the street who we should be looked after before anyone else - if we can't look after our own poor why the hell would we take on added responsibility. If we are to take refugees on we should be taking the most persecuted in the middle east been the Christians, which I started a thread a while ago on, seePost #: 24949848 , and the Arab world especially Saudi, Quatar, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Oman should be doing far far far more in supporting displaced muslims rather than making it the problem of the west. What I am saying is you post is complete diatribe and along with Greens lets start looking after our own and if we do need to take more refugees lets take the most persecuted as we don't have endless wealth (in fact our growing budget deficit position and the fact we are the most indebted private citizens in the world through the mortgage and housing unaffordability says otherwise in how affluent not we are becoming).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.