1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Attention Forum & HotCopper Management - postscrip

1. For those who may be wondering what is happening here (and I am amongst those who would like to know the full story) the poster Sliderule together with his various other Hotcopper identities first burst onto the scene late last year with a series of personal attacks aimed at Hotcopper members posting on the subject of Biotech stock CST.

The aggressiveness and personal vitriol contained within those posts set a new standard in my time on Hotcopper.

Allegations made included attacks on personal integrity, sexuality and morality together with allegations of organised ramping and collusion.

Unfortunately, Hotcopper members were not able to appreciate that Sliderule had continued these attacks offline as well directing an extraordinary series of filthy emails to several long term members of this forum.

Almost without exception Sliderule under his/her various guises has never offered any substantial arguement to back its bizarre claims.

I first ran foul of it whilst stepping into the CST discussion commenting on technical aspects of the CST chart.

It is my personal opinion that there is no place for posters of this type though I acknowledge the forum has no real way of ridding itself of such people.

As a result I have pursued - and will continue to do so - the garish trajectory of this aggressive individual.

Whilst I have no doubt he will continue to haunt this site under his existing or new personae it can be noted by all that one scratch of the surface always brings his composting personality to the surface.

I don't think these flaming wars add anything much to the site as many long term members no doubt agree, but neither do I believe the site is enhanced by good people standing back and watching committed long term members harrassed away from posting by the actions of this low-life.

Cheers all.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.