Raising the threshold to $18,200 removed many people, especially...

1. 2,950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Raising the threshold to $18,200 removed many people, especially part time workers plus older and disadvantaged people, from the tax system where they were paying very little anyway and costing a lot in admin

I don’t believe their motive was to assist the disadvantaged, it was purely for revenue collection. The administrative savings and low income earners foregoing certain benefits and deductions for its implementation.

Now Shorten wants to punish the poorer fools who believe in doing the right thing by not exempting self funded retirees who don’t want to be a burden on the community.
    My wife and I would be considered material assets poor - this includes the value of my house and the modern goodies expected in the modern families. One of our luxuries is pre-paid mobile phone plan, which is a hand me down phone from my kids.

My wife I live on about the low $50k consisting of my super pension, dividends and estimating about $5,500 franking credit.

I been pressuring my wife to upgrade our house and car to join the wealthy Centrelink pensioners, that Labor and MT don’t want to upset.

So labor’s thresholds changes, has consequences again in punishing the poorer members off our society!

I’ve been trying to encourage my wife to rearrange our affairs to join the 'gimme this and that' society.

Radicool Views

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.