1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

As chicken licken said the sky is falling

1. fludy

1,058 posts.
    The worst thing to do now is to panic. Let us get a few things straight.

1) the US stock market has been way overvalued for quite some time and Yields are very low and PE ratios very very high. There is a considerable scope for a much
    bigger correction than has so far taken place.

2) most Austtralian stocks on the other hand are selling on sensible dividend yields
    and PE ratios.

3) Nevertheless Australian stocks are going
    to get shafted in the short term. Overseas fund managers will dump them totally stupidly.

4) Expect carnage at the speculative end of the market.

5) So what to do. First if you are fully invested in the market sit tight and hope that it will come right in the long term.

6) If you have cash or bonds out of the market then do not buy in yet. There is far too much danger of bear traps as the shorts cover their positions.

7) Put your charting software away and wait until the market settles down before using it.

8) get to work on your bottom trawling list.
    Now is the time to look through the market
    every day looking for bargains.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.