APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

APG, ILU Becher vs ERMS, page-4

1. 853 Posts.
    Hi Hotrod, long time no hear. There was speculation on HC that we might have been the same person (and even Earnie to boot) but you'll be pleased to know I set them right by pointing out I was the good looking one on the left.

You are very correct that the high pressure processes were a pain. I think the BHP briquette system also had this problem including playing with acid at the same time. I'm not sure how much of a problem it would really be, the gist of the patent seems to be centred around better temperature control combined with better mixing (compared to the old Becher) using Lurgi's recirculating fluid bed roasters. The high pressure makes the uptake of oxygen (or Hydrogen in the reduction step) more efficient.

They should be able to control the high temperature hydrogen mixing OK and it would take a reasonable silly stuff up to accidently oxidised the hydrogen (this means a big boom) when you were trying to reduce something in the first place.

But.... The big but is the scaleup as it appears a lot is still lab scale stuff. Even a technology as simple as APG's they are taking care to test and test again as it's scaled up. I have great respect for the engineers at Iluka and I'm sure great care will be taken to test the scaleup properly (I'm sure they are doing it now) but as you inferred, the more complicated the process the more variable available to trip you.

Cheers

The (betterlooking) Seik the Sheik :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.817M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
35 122755158 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 16871000 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.37pm 18/02/2020 (20 minute delay) ?
APG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.