Anyone care to apply?

1. 13,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 525
    Just found these advertisements on the web.Just a couple more pieces to the avl puzzle.

Job Opportunities

Anvil Mining NL

Anvil Mining NL is an Australian listed company located in Perth, Western Australia. Anvil’s principal mining interests are in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Company has begun preparations to develop its high-grade Dikulushi copper-silver project, located close to the border with Zambia.

SENIOR EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST - Congo

Anvil is developing the high-grade Dikulushi copper-silver mine in the Katanga Province of the Democratic Republic of Congo ("DRC"). The project is located 25km from Lake Moero on the DRC-Zambian border. Production will commence in August 2002 at a rate of 250,000 tpa of ore, to produce 14,000 tpa of copper and 1.1 million ounces of silver, initially from an open pit.

We have a Mining Convention with the Government of the DRC and mineral tenements totalling 20,000 km². The company is now seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Exploration Geologist for its regional coper and precious metals exploration activities.

Candidates should have a successful track record in minerals exploration and confidence in their ability to cost effectively identify and evaluate targets in a timely manner. Experience with modern remote sensing, and geological and geochemical approaches to base and precious metals exploration in the Central African environment will be important.

Candidates should possess a high level of self motivation and have a strong "hands-on" approach to their work and an ability to train local staff in order to build a largely locally staffed technical support team. Candidates will have a demonstrated ability to work independently and in conditions that are at times logistically challenging.

Previous experience in the African environment and an ability to speak French will be considered favourably.

MINE GEOLOGIST - Congo

The company is now seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Mine Geologist.

Candidates should have a successful track record in mine exploration and geology, resource evaluation, orebody modelling, grade control and production reconciliation procedures, and stockpile management and blending of mill feed in a small mine environment. Familiarity with modelling software such as Surpac will be important . Experience in the transition from open pit to underground mining would be a definite advantage.

Candidates should possess a high level of self motivation and have a strong "hands-on" approach to their work and an ability to train local staff in order to build a largely locally staffed technical support team.

Previous experience in the African environment and an ability to speak French will be considered favourably.

-----------------------------------------------------

Maybe why were seeing a little more interest picking up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.