ANZ 1.13% $27.07 australia and new zealand banking group limited

any views out there, page-16

1. 123 Posts.
    re: any views out there- edbap I have trouble understanding why you would short ANZ and those who are out there stating that everything goes back to fair value obviously haven`t even been bothered looking at the stats for this company .
    A P/E ration of around 11 on current earnings is a stock I would be very scared to short .
    Why ANZ if your are really hell bent on shorting a stock in the banking sector CBA, NAB and SUN are trading at much higher multiples than ANZ , short them .
    I think a short on ANZ is a disaster .
    You just need to look what has happened with the general flow of money in the market over the last few weeks . Stocks like CSL NCP and PBL have had very aggressive climbs . The last few days though the money has flowed back to the banks as these cynical stocks have blown out their already high P/E ratios .
    So for ANZ to hold 17.50 over the last few weeks is nothing short of amazing . The stock has basically been trading a 3% range .
    The higher price premium stocks have suffered CBA NAB and look at the range SUN has traded around 7%.
    Yes a short on ANZ is very dangerous and you have missed the boat on CBA and NAB .
    The banks will make a slow spring back up I have a sell on CBA at 30.50 and NAB at 33.20 . Holding 2250 CBA and 2000 NAB . Only holding 1000 ANZ (wish I had more ) I have a sell order placed on ANZ at 18.50 and am happy to trade the range but only going long as sooner or later on current valuations it will break out .
    The market in a whole is looking to make some very serious gains over the next twelve months . The P/E of the average house in a capital city is between 22 and 33 . People will soon start to take profits on investment properities and this money will flow into as a majority managed funds .
    Then because of the size of the banks they quite often take a fair porportation of the general managed fund .
    Make no mistake there is a lot of money heading the way of the banks . NAB will be over 35.00 again CBA 36.00 and ANZ 20.00 just give it a little time .
    So this is what I see happening to your position in the future its .
    A) either going to go against you and you are going to do your dough or
    B) It will not drop enough for you to make any great profit and you will lose out in time decay if you are trading options or warrants .
    So close your position and take a serious thought about going long .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.07
Change
-0.310(1.13%)
Mkt cap ! $77.02B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.20 $27.32 $26.96 $214.6M 7.916M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13871 $27.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.07 28974 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/05/2021 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
$27.05
  Change
-0.310 ( 1.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.21 $27.32 $26.96 568881
Last updated 15.59pm 11/05/2021 (live) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.