You claim to believe in the validity of evolution. I suggest...

1. 26,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    You claim to believe in the validity of evolution. I suggest that if you do, you would appreciate that what you describe may not need a intelligent agent (new age speak for God).

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" I say it does not, because sound and vision are senses innate to living organisms. If no ear is there to hear a sound then sound does not exist. If no creature is there to understand the universe then the universe does not exist and in that sense, neither does God."

We know that sound is produced by vibrations in the air (caused, in your example, by a falling tree) which may or may not be detected. If we take your logic further, do you say that a tree waits for a hearer to be in range before falling. And, furthermore the logic says that the universe could not have existed prior to the development of life.

The entire purpose of Creation, I believe, is to produce humanity or other beings capable of recognising God or at least the influence of this Force or intangible aspect, the Instigator of Creation and our existence we call God.

Nice thought propagated by people who need a God to give them purpose in life. Perhaps it would be better if they focused on creating a purpose for themselves and helping others to do the same.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.