Another Lib candidate bites the dust

1. 14,935 Posts.
    No kidding , the Libs are full of homophobes!

Liberal candidate quits after advocating against more gay MPs being elected

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-01/federal-election-2019-liberal-candidate-advocates-against-gay-mp

Former Liberal candidate Peter Killin has resigned after it was revealed that he had encouraged conservative Christians to "infiltrate" the Liberal Party to stop gay people from being elected to office and party positions.Key pointseter Killin suggested conservatives "infiltrate" the Liberal Party to stop gay people from being electedHe made the comments in blog posts following the preselection of prominent gay MP Tim WilsonMr Killin quit just hours after his comments were made publicHe is the second Victorian Liberal candidate to go in the space of just hours after Jeremy Hearn was disendorsed as the candidate for Isaacs this morning.Peter Killin was preselected just days before the ballot draw for the inner-Melbourne seat of Wills, which is currently held by Labor.The biggest threat to sitting MP Peter Khalil is the Greens, in a seat once held by Bob Hawke.In comments on a conservative blog regarding the Liberals' state election defeat, Mr Killin argued with others that the way to change politics is by joining a party."My suggestion is to change a party from within: 1. Infiltrate 2. Influence 3. Impel. Pray and Do," he wrote last December.He followed up with a comment about the preselection of now Goldstein Liberal MP Tim Wilson, a prominent voice in the party, who won his preselection by the smallest of margins in a crowd of up to 400 preselectors."ONE LOUSY VOTE! So, if you and I were there to participate in preselection the result = no homosexual MP. Thats [sic] what grass roots is — you and me — not someone else! You and me brother," he wrote.In a social media post, he also talked about removing "termites" from the Liberal Party and bringing the "Godly god" into it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.