YPB 0.00% 0.2¢ ypb group ltd

It is a problem. Now we know, that that the main YPB security...

1. 87 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    It is a problem. Now we know, that that the main YPB security material for their Brand and Document protection solution is a rare earth material bought from China. This is powdered by grinding in to powder and added in to a media such as ink or coating lacquers. The rare earth trace emits a signal that can me measured by spectrometers. The readers used to verify the rare earth trace cost come $100-$300 and are widely available.
    There are about 100 companies around the world (including China) that are offering this solution and none of those companies have this solution as their main anti-counterfeiting solution. A problem is, that if I buy the reader and solution from one company, similar reader from another company will also read it. So, unfortunately - YPB solution is not proprietary, exclusive or unique. Having said that, YPB has the best "packaging", website and a story. Big advantage for YPB is the ASX listing to tell the story and their ability to raise cash.
    Unfortunately, I did the in depth research only until I bought the share during the YPB early days, without the benefit of really getting to understand the business. The research also shows, that not one of the companies that are in the same business never have annual sales over 10 million. But the 10 million also includes other products and services as well. Most importantly the YPB competition does not such a huge losses every year. As a private, non listed company YPB would be gone and closed already. Look at Datadot (listed as DDT). They have microdot and similar technology to YPB - DatadotTrace developed in cooperation with CSIRO. They have been on the market with it for 10 years or more. Annual turnover in the trace solution at 2 million, shares from $0.20 to $0.005 and accumulated losses of about $30 million. Raised over $60 million - all gone.
    All we can do is HOPE!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YPB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.581M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $0 88

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1103393 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 14253414 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.09pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YPB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.