SYR 1.02% 49.5¢ syrah resources limited

I'm not going to get into what the guy in the youtube...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I'm not going to get into what the guy in the youtube presentation covered apart from he's just a guy on youtube and there's no way of validating everything he's saying.

I think people are missing the point here about short sellers - if they do drive the price down of a company that is not fundamentally weak, then the effect of their shorting effort can only be temporary. Price does not move without a force applied to it - which comes in the way of either buying or selling pressure. When that pressure is taken off, in the absence of any other force price will remain where it is, but if that pressure is removed and there was an underlying opposing but weaker force (i.e. buying pressure that was less than the temporary selling pressure) price will reverse.

So for a company like SYR where there is nothing overtly wrong with the fundamentals (as opposed to say a TEN which is burdened with a huge debt problem) all shorting pressure does is to reduce price while that shorting pressure is applied - when it stops fundamentals will dictate price direction and if the value is there then buying demand will ultimately drive the price back up. So while the shorters gain by the temporary fall in share price, others stand to gain by being able to buy shares in a sound company at artificially low pries.

Anyone who comes along in the meantime with conspiracy theories is just talking BS unless they have evidence to back those theories up.

Cheers, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.005(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $405.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 50.8¢ 49.5¢ $2.472M 4.945M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 187779 49.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
49.8¢
  Change
0.005 ( 1.30 %)
Open High Low Volume
50.3¢ 51.0¢ 49.5¢ 1246024
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.