VMY 0.00% 19.0¢ vimy resources limited

nsw004, where exactly are u seeing these vague stirrings? I just...

1. 1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    nsw004, where exactly are u seeing these vague stirrings? I just checked daily U prices on UX site and U308 is now down to $21 even. U is as dead as a dodo at the moment. In fact it is even deader now than it was back in December when cameco and Kazatomprom announced there cuts. After a short lived price spike on that news, uranium price is now even lower!
    It is very clear that the uranium market is not driven by the usual supply/demand dynamics that drive most commodity markets. There are other forces at play(RUSSIANS) that have made no secret of the fact that they want to control the worlds uranium market, and to do this they are prepared to play the long game, dumping cheap uranium into the spot market and keeping the price down, in order to drive competitors out of business then they can pick up those assets at fire sale prices. This could could go on for many years until they have got their fill. Also, no one really knows how big the stockpiles of excess uranium are, but you can be sure Russia has much more stockpiled than they are letting on. The fact that Cameco and Kazatomprom have now both made repeated and deep cuts to production and it has had ZERO effect in driving up U price is testament to how much material is available.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.