GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Yes, the Li extraction chemistry is still in infant development...

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Yes, the Li extraction chemistry is still in infant development and we'll probably see in the coming years few of these methods growing and evolve in mature established processes.
    I wonder if the reverse osmosis mentioned a couple of days ago might be viable; I said at that moment "Not Yet" as the energy cost for creating the high pressure required (close to 100atm = 1,400PSI) is cost prohibitive.
    But I've been thinking at the following scenario:
    - Build one big pipe from the top of the mountain where SDV is all the way down to the planes (80 - 100km)
    - The altitude level will give enough pressure (for free) and can create a bit of energy (partially using the hydro power). The pressure would be about 100atm for each 1000m altitude (considering the water column).
    - Use RO (reverse osmosis) and electro dialysis to increase the concentration and dispose the water for irrigation.
    This would be a win-win-win on all sides; the problem would be the cost of building the pipe, especially in the arid, alpine terrain.
    Regarding RO one issue could be the membrane that has to work in black water conditions but might be a solution.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.