MIK 0.00% 1.5¢ mikoh corporation limited

re: Ann: MIKOH changes name to Kollakorn Corp... Caribou.. I...

1. 629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    re: Ann: MIKOH changes name to Kollakorn Corp...
    Caribou.. I completely understand your reservations / hesitation.

But I think we need to understand the history a bit and see what options RS had when he hopped in.

Firstly, I've NEVER understood why we made the exclusivity deal with Sirit in the first place. MIK should have simply manoeuvred itself to be THE tamper proof rfid people. You want to attach an rfid and be able to guarantee that for as long as it's working, it's attached to the item you put in on? Then licence MIK technology. You want to use your tags? Knock yourself out. You want us to sell you the tags too? Sure thing. MIK would have been 2 people signing license agreements and banking money.

But the exclusive deal with Sirit meant that we were locked out from that freedom. From where I sit it was then, is now and will always be a monumental strategic mistake. I'll stand corrected, but I'm sure we told Neology (Mexico?) to go away when they asked to use our tamper tech with their tags.

Locked in as we were, RS saw the only way forward was to become a turn-key supplier, or at least jump into bed with one. The Sirit deal still had (I think) 2 years to run and options and money were limited.

Enter Kollakorn.

With Kollakorn we can at least market a complete EVR etc product, instead of saying to people "here's your tag, good luck with using it".

Sorry, long way round to your points Caribou, but if anything our Kollakorn association will HELP us market all our other suite of patents/products, because all of them, just like EVR, are USELESS WITHOUT SOFTWARE. Think about the services and end products we can offer now compared to when we just had a suite of rfid patents....!

Remember that Kollakorn is a software developer, not just an EVR software developer. When I presented my passport to the immigration officer at Bangkok airport recently, my visit was logged and my photo taken using Kollakorn software...

Where I think I do have concerns is in whether we will retain the freedom to license our tamper tech to other people, people who would effectively be competitors to MIK/Kollakorn. 3M springs immediately to mind, as their acquisition of a big bit of Federal would indicate that they are about to chase tollroad business. I want MIK/Koll to sell them tamper tech if they ask for it. That issue is of more concern to me than becoming a one trick EVR pony.

But to end on a positive note, remember that EVR is not EVR without tamper-proofing the tag. If a tag can be moved around it defeats the entire rfid EVR model. Same with congestion charging and road use based registration fees.

We now have not only the tamper tech that is essential but also the software to make it physically work. And that's the trick.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MIK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.