MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

I lost a little bit but pulled out when I started to see the...

1. 33,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1625
    I lost a little bit but pulled out when I started to see the tonnage per month stoped out was too low to be sustainable . The problem is the ore bodies while high grade are difficult to extract economically due to not running vertical to sub vertical but rather more on a steep degree angle from the vertical similar to tubular can (or what ever its name is ) further south ..
    Add to the fact the ore bodies are often narrower than 1.5 meters then dilution becomes a big issue in the crosscuts
    Then because the ore bodies pinch and swell so much it is difficult to prevent dilution also when drilling out a panel above.
    Also rather than being in a single block the ore is in many different lenses which means a lot of expense spent in development drives for each lens .

As mentioned it is free milling but that is not such a big advantage with modern technology.
    Maybe You can work out the economics of this by looking at how much gold NC and crew extracted then look at their costs , I am not prepared to submit a figure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.