CHK 0.00% 0.9¢ cohiba minerals limited

This is the first time I've come across the view that explorers...

1. 104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    This is the first time I've come across the view that explorers with 'nearology' potential shouldn't explore.

I can see a short term, traders argument for that, but how does the company create longer term value? Isn't that what directors want? They can't be trading in and out and they'd be very lucky to get bought out if others around them have proven resources and they don't.

At the moment if this is the strategy, it's not working for CHK, they are right next door to BHP's incredible discovery, but the market cap is next to nothing and falling.

So they are reliant either on drilling themselves and being successful, or neighbours drilling and pulling out great results. This is exactly the same exploration risk, except for CHK to rise on an adjoining landholders results, those results really have to be great.

The biggest winner from SFR's exploration was SFR, that's why I invest in a company like CHK, others will have different strategies but I want them to explore and hopefully uncover something remarkable, for a huge payoff. I completely accept they could drill and not find anything significant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.981M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $156 17.30K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1105414 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 1687642 7
View Market Depth
Last update - 13.56pm 14/06/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
CHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.