DEG 3.27% $1.27 de grey mining limited

There was annotation on a map referring to indications of...

1. 2,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7499
    There was annotation on a map referring to indications of possible drilling in Western Antwerp dating back to August in the post.

To my knowledge DEG have not reported the results of these holes or very much related to the aircore drilling programs.

I would expect maybe 80% of the aircore holes to be dusters (no geochemically anomalous Au or other elements, most of the time it is much greater than 80% unfortunately). They only need a small percentage of the the remaining 20% to have good hits and .... Aquila, Brolga etc can be the result. Even subtle geochem anomalies can be the guide to good targets. Geological, lithogeochemical etc. information from the holes helps build up the data base.

The spacing of aircore holes shown in today's news release looks like they are not doing -60 degree overlap traverses. Not too surprising given the, predominately, intrusive targets are quite large and such detailed traverses consume lots of time and meters.

3 widely space aircore holes with BWAC565 - 1m @ 8.6 g/t Au. out of 243m total. This would/did? attract follow up drilling even though it only just clipped the intrusive.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2693/2693972-98f1c62f5a36eec646f0e6a210d4cf59.jpg

At the moment DEG have 8 rigs going. Two(?) aircore doing more regional and the other 6 going gangbusters on the large greater Hemi area with other areas, not surprisingly, low on the priority list.

==============
    This satellite imagery is useful and the way @CounterVin used it is what I hoped for.

Interpreting the images is IMO a bit like geophysics. Something is there but exactly what it is needs further clarification.

Longer traverses of relatively small holes are probably aircore traverses.

RC and diamond tend to have larger footprints but some sites are prepared in advance so drilling is yet to happen.

The resolution of Sentinel is not as good as Google Earth - at present - 20 years from now (@BluAmEye) it will be and Hemi, ?Antwerp, ?Scooby etc will also look very different - big pits....?

==========
    Thanks to these folks for the reminder about how useful Sentinel could be.

===============

Not certain which holes you are wondering about. I suspect your guess is as good as mine.

DEG changed the orientation of drilling on Falcon once enough data showed an "oddball" strike relative to Aquila. Perhaps something like that?
    Last edited by salpetie: 30/11/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.27
Change
0.040(3.27%)
Mkt cap ! $2.341B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.26 $1.27 $1.24 $6.646M 5.287M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5000 $1.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.27 17622 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.26
  Change
0.040 ( 2.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.27 $1.24 775122
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.