EXR 2.78% 3.5¢ elixir energy limited

More analysis below of the potential ramifications (for Elixir)...

1. 2,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    More analysis below of the potential ramifications (for Elixir) of the Mongolian government choosing to build its own power plant to provide energy to RIOs giant mine rather than continue to buy power from China -

“There are several risks associated with the state-owned power plant. First, Turquoise Hill will have little control on the pricing side compared to the scenario in which it would have built the plant on its own. Second, the company will have less control over the functioning of the power plant and its reliability. Third, various problems may arise during the construction phase, and the plant may not be built in time (I think that it’s a theoretical risk, as I think it’s hard to fail in the construction of a rather standardized piece of equipment like a power plant).” https://seekingalpha.com/article/4356278-turquoise-hill-resources-finally-power-plant-saga-comes-to-end

One thing to watch for is the modification of the coal fired power station to allow for coal seam gas to be used as a power source along with coal. If this becomes evident over the next few months it will be clear that the Mongolian government wishes to capitalise on Elixirs coal seam gas reserves AND make a step towards using an energy source with a significantly lower carbon emission.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
-0.001(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $24.07M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $53.13K 1.476M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1585332 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 865675 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 03/07/2020 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
3.6¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.6¢ 551325
Last updated 13.10pm 03/07/2020 (live) ?
EXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.