MSB 12.1% 55.5¢ mesoblast limited

@Moreforme, A most curious comparison: CSL on the one hand,...

1. 16,379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7935
    @Moreforme,

A most curious comparison: CSL on the one hand, funded by the government during its pre-commercial, conceptual development years, and MSB, funded by equity capital providers during its conceptual and development years.

For starters, there are stark cost of capital differences between the two companies.

And then, CSL was one of the success stories born out of government initiative. But there are always a great many public sector initiatives that never get to the stage of washing their own faces, commercially.

How can you be so certain that won't also be the case for MSB?

I'm only here for the multi-billions these things will make......could not care less about the "wacko" $51mn or so cap-raisings along the way!

You really should care about them. Even a little bit. Because, their cumulative dilutive impact means that your capital could today have bought you several multiples of the number of shares you currently own.

"If your "scared brown-pants" along the way, by the raising of a few "pennies" and that's what they are......commercial activity ain't for you!"

It is due precisely to my "scared brown pants" that my capital was preserved by making me avoid buying MSB shares when the share price was $6.00/share.

As for the catchy slogan:

"Mesoblast - right product - right place - right time!"

...that's a really interesting description of the MSB's current situation.

Because for most investment practitioners, the phrase "right product - right place -right time" carries with it some connotations of Profit or, at a very minimum, Revenue.
    (And, hey, a small minority of libertine folk might even stretch the definition to apply to products that are actually approved.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.5¢
Change
0.060(12.1%)
Mkt cap ! $633.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 59.0¢ 48.5¢ $16.88M 30.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 99223 55.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.0¢ 44000 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
55.5¢
  Change
0.060 ( 15.7 %)
Open High Low Volume
50.5¢ 59.0¢ 48.5¢ 11524458
Last updated 16.02pm 28/03/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.