ARV 7.04% 7.6¢ artemis resources limited

A good met first pass study, this is confirmation that the...

1. 1,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 324
    A good met first pass study, this is confirmation that the Carlow Castle ore is going to behave itself through completely conventional gravity gold and sulphide flotation processes with one of the few remaining "show stoppers" of Arsenic reporting to copper or cobalt concentrates being under control.

My main concern was that gold recoveries weren't going to be high and that a lot of arsenic would report to the copper concentrate, neither of which is the case as we are seeing nearly all the gold either reporting to initial gravity separation or reporting to the copper concentrate.

One of the important things to note was that the COM02 sample will be more representative of the typical run-of-mine ore that could be coming out of the ground on a day to day basis and the Arsenic levels are reasonable.

With the statement that:

"Cobaltite (CoAsS) is the dominant cobalt bearing mineral - and is therefore intrinsically linked to arsenic. Targeting lower specification Co concentrates will minimise processing capital and if high specification Co concentrates are targeted a higher capital, hydrometallurgical flowsheet will be required. As such and with a view to optimising returns, a trade-off study of capital and operating expense versus revenue from differing grade product streams will be evaluated prior to final flowsheet selection."

This is basically saying that the trade-off because of the arsenic being closely related to the mineral Cobaltite means that it will probably operate a grade control system to target gold and copper grades, and areas of high grade cobalt and arsenic with be blended into the ROM stream similarly to how other base metal mines deal with the arsenic problem (i.e. S32' s Cannington mine for instance).

For those wondering about smelter penalties of arsenic within copper concentrates (and other base metal concentrates) I found this presentation - in particular slide number 20 that should help some people understand what the typical penalty rates are for arsenic.

https://www.ecometales.cl/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2.-Dreisinger-Presentation.pdf

The met report reads well and is not too inaccessible for the reader, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is paraphrased or lifted from the ALS report itself.

As for the long term strategy of ARV - no more deep holes to the centre of the earth, or wasting time watching Novo flail around taking tonnes of conglomerate samples and then not doing anything with them please.  Just get Radio Hill, completed as a conventional sulphide flotation circuit and then either look at throwing the low grade Ni Cu stockpiles through or just get Carlow Castle resource out and get it permitted to mine, thats all I wanted to happen when I brought into ARV in 2017, and by 2019 I want to see a resource identified with actual tonnes and grade of dirt that can be economically treated at the Radio Hill site. The permitted and almost complete Radio Hill mining lease and infrastructure is the most valuable and unique asset that ARV has (and that everyone else is years away from achieving) so may as well use that plant now and get some dirt into it asap.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.6¢
Change
0.005(7.04%)
Mkt cap ! $49.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.2¢ 7.7¢ 7.1¢ $42.70K 576.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.6¢ 33160 1
View Market Depth
Last update - 16.10pm 22/02/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
7.6¢
  Change
0.005 ( 8.57 %)
Open High   Low Volume
7.2¢ 7.7¢   7.0¢ 133724
Last updated 15.59pm 22/02/2019 (live) ?
ARV (ASX) Chart
GET SUPPORT arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.