CHP 0.00% 0.5¢ chapmans limited

Would be great if they would be compliant with the release of...

1. 408 Posts.
    Would be great if they would be compliant with the release of notices but I guess its a great way to cover cross trades.  Over the course of approximately 9 trading days at the end of last month/start of this month more than a 1/3 of the companies stock was traded. Over successive days the share price was sold down so very unlikely to be pip traders.  Within that were a number of very large single sales including some of 6 million shares or more.

If you look at the list of T20 holders as of the latest Annual Report there is obvious that there are very few individuals or entities who could have sold that many shares in a single block.

By default we are forced to trust that it was none of the substantial holders selling to themselves at a loss. Technically that meets the criteria requiring a change in substantial holdings notice, even if only briefly, as there has been no issue of change in holdings.

There is certainly evidence (courtesy of that CMY announcement) that management are not open about their investments, loans, expenses or income. I hope additional queries continue to land on their laps to force them into justification of their rates at this point. But I think its wishful thinking at this point, the 'h' in CHP certainly does not stand for honesty.

"Persons who, together with their associates, have relevant interests in voting shares representing 5% or more of the votes in a listed company, body or listed registered managed investment scheme, must disclose details of their relevant interest. Disclosure must also be made when a person’s substantial holding changes by 1%, they cease to have a substantial holding or they make a takeover bid."

"Where the listed entity is not the subject of a takeover bid, the substantial holding notice must be given within two business days"

"For example, a person who makes an ordinary purchase of securities on-market will acquire a relevant interest in those securities when the trade takes place, not when settlement occurs"

'Where the substantial holder’s relevant interests arise from a number of intraday transactions (e.g. multiple on-market purchases), details of the consideration given under each transaction should be provided (not aggregate figures for each day or other specified time period)'

'Without full disclosure of substantial holdings, there is a risk that the market will be misled about the ownership and control of listed entities. It is also important that the disclosure allows the market to understand the nature of the substantial holding being disclosed.'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.