CLH 0.00% 6.8¢ collection house limited

thanks for sharing, i actually read a post somewhere about the...

1. 1,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    thanks for sharing, i actually read a post somewhere about the "signs being there", but it was just after the fall... and I was well, stuck!

teaches me a lesson for investing in an industry i know little about. from your post:

ratio between collections and PDL company value - check
    collections falling but assets growing, then run - check:

(thanks I'll look at the above at others in industry to try and understand this crazy debt collection business better).

I sometimes make small investments in what appears to be a stable company... on very little info outside a recommendation or a nice looking chart and low debt..it's pretty dumb but I tell you when you have even just a little stake in the game of something you don't understand it motivates you to learn, and flake time to follow..

I spent the majority of my life poor and have had to teach myself everything from how the economy works to investing, so far this method has served me ok.

this one I didn't pay much attention to be honest as it a small holding a friend said just grab and add to dividenders ... ouch! I did read a post somewhere entitled the dividend was a trap! but yeah i ignored due to bigger fish to chase and just thought what could be the worse to happen a lower dividend or a small price drop... but this!!

ok so now I've admitted I'm way out of my comfort with this industry haha pls don't shoot me haha but ...

just on the management pay, given it was in their performance agreement (pre voted in and accepted - assumably owners missed this or didn't care and assumably all stakeholders missed the signs to pass their rewards/pays )...and this deal has saved the life of the company... let's assume for a moment we had just one or two bad apples that caused this, and those left (ok I'm dreaming now I see as the point you make they all participated in the creative accounting for years) but just say bad apples left I imagine those left had to work hard to save the coming from outright extinction..and thus thus crappy sell deal..

hmmn anyways my question would be - who were the larger shareholders who accepted the incentive pay/bonuses that these guys grabbed? and why did they not see this coming if unlike me they were experts in this industry.. I guess I'd have to go back and see if any major holders really dumped hard before this happened... I vaguely recalled it seemed like a good price at a $1 something.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.