HVN 1.98% $5.15 harvey norman holdings limited

Our Government has the hand on the lever that can restrict...

1. 10,673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 732
    Our Government has the hand on the lever that can restrict foreign Property Buyers or else let the breaks off.

Also in regard to Trump and his 22 Regulations abolished for every 1 new Regulation etc. Let me give you a Builders perspective.

Just to build a Carport, There is about $7000 of Costs for a Builder in Non-Tangibles due to the OVER Regulation of simple Building add ons, extensions, renos etc.

I know of one carport built by a Builder for a Client for 12 grand, and 7k of that was Non Tangibles, I couldve built that for 2500 bucks worth of Materials and done by just me inside a week. That means I couldve done the deal with the Homeowner on the weekend and built it finished by the Friday of the same week.

But due to the OVER Regulation, That builder wouldve needed to pay for Architects Plans, Engineers Plans, Private Certifier fees, Council Application fees, Possibly a Town Planning relaxation fee, and all the time and cost of the Builder running around from place to place picking up plans and dropping them off to all those places. In other words, not only do Builders Pay for all the Non Tangibles , The Builder must also drop it in their lap onto their desk as well as pay out the 7 grand for them all to DO NOTHING.

Think of the time to get all that sorted out and the running around, all just to do a carport that I could build by myself in 3 days easy assuming I could get the materials and it didnt rain.

Sorry, I know this thread was about property prices etc, But I hope this makes some understand why an existing House holds its value. Its worth much more than the sum of its parts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.15
Change
0.100(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $6.416B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.07 $5.15 $5.04 $25.87M 5.039M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2100 $5.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.15 125126 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.15
  Change
0.100 ( 2.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.06 $5.15 $5.04 807445
Last updated 16.10pm 29/03/2024 ?
HVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.