CAY 2.67% 7.3¢ canyon resources limited

AGM and the way forward..., page-51

1. 10,588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6068
    Thanks for clarifying your position for me.

It confirms your bias as far as I am concerned (based on my Masters in a psychology related field if we are throwing degrees around).

My paraphrasing of your post;

Despite the fact that Canyon have a resource that is tier one, have made tremendous progress in sorting out infrastructure and are looking at a Q1 PFS, because Tolga Kumova is involved, you want to dis the company (which you profess to own) on public forums and believe the company will suffer. I would argue that a case could be made that your current down ramping is more detrimental short-term. I would also argue that if senior management believe the company will be served by the decision to employ Tolga Kumova then I would trust their judgement rather than a poster on HC.  (Otherwise I would sell ASAP)

On your reading, Tolga Kumova's crime is that he is associated with brokers who 'pump and dump' euphemism for buy a stock, shout it's praises then sell at a profit. Given that besides the minor point that Tolga's past and training included a long stint as a broker himself and all brokers do essentially the same MO, he is now worth $100M according to AFR young rich list. I would rather look for what I can learn from his experience than put shite on him for trying to make a buck and having succeeded. If I fail, I will be holding myself responsible, not Tolga, Phil Gallagher, David Netherway or the team on the ground. All of whom I have talked with at length and respect.

I do regard Syrah as a success story, 5c when I was first recommended it and even if u take today's price $1.60 rather than the top of nearly $7 it is still a 15 bagger over 9 years.  We could all get very rich on those type of multiples. NCZ is also a winner, 15c to today's 75c. 400% increase if u still held from mid year 2017.

Some of his other exploration punts I would not go near but that, rightly or wrongly, is based on my own research.  I'd also add that I did not invest in this company because of any individual but rather because of the outstanding resource, the global market for that resource and the quality of senior management. Tolga was not connected other than as a share holder when I first bought. Just for the record, I do not hero worship anyone but I do respect peoples talents. In Tolga's case I see him as an energetic person who is well connected within LARGE resource company circles, quite happy to sing the praises of himself and companies he is involved with and confident of success with his ventures.  I have had a couple of meetings with the man though would not pretend to know him closely. However one of those meetings was lengthy and personal histories were exchanged which gave me some feel for the man. In those meetings I could see characteristics that some would react to but my evaluation was they were the characteristics most would need to succeed at higher levels of negotiation in the corporate world and on a personal level I enjoyed the meetings.

Given Canyon have contracted the man to make connections with the bigger players in the market to aid negotiations around off-takes etc I am happy with the decision. I'd also point out a very important consideration here, we are currently on the start of the journey, not in the middle of a 'pump and dump'. A 1 billion tonne bauxite resource with extremely low reactive silica content will sell itself. Management have obviously come to the conclusion that a 'Tolga' can help sell it for more. (Have u worked out how much each additional 1% loading of reactive  silica on a 50% ore costs the alumina refineries?)

My bet is that Canyon, including Tolga, will be 2019's rising star. I have a large stake on the wager.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $100.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.3¢ 7.3¢ 7.3¢ $5.897K 80.78K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 544684 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.1¢ 60000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.3¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.3¢ 7.3¢ 7.3¢ 152383
Last updated 15.42pm 29/03/2024 ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.