AVR 1.21% $23.48 anteris technologies ltd

ADAPT TAVR -Just Better

1. 3,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    "Now let's talk about the other blue sky, and it's  pretty big blue sky, which is TAVR."

This was the second most exciting revelation I heard during the presentation. I can't believe how far the company has progressed and for so little cost. $90 000 spent and the prototype is built and IP launch paid for. Cycle testing to come.

"If we didn't have ADAPT there'd be no point but the tricky part is the tissue part, but our ADAPT treated leaflets are certainly best in class."

"The challenges the engineers had was the tissue which is why they're so excited because of the ADAPT tissue where they can overcome design challenges they faced previously."

(Wayne Paterson talking about the same engineers who worked on previous Edwards and Medtronics TAVR devices.)

TAVR is a massive market and is compounding at a dramatic rate. By 2021 the TAVR market is estimated to be $5 billion, growing at 15-18%. This means that if those growth rates continue the TAVR market will be worth up to $10 billion by 2025 and up to $20 billion by 2029.

These spoils are essentially shared between Medtronic and Edwards who control over 80% of the market although shots have already been fired and both companies now know that there's another player who could potentially launch a FAR superior product to their own and take away, in time, a significant part of their market share. This will no doubt concern BOTH companies who now see a fox lurking in the shadows to the entrance of their golden goose pen.

How will these companies deal with this prospect? Will they, knowing what they know, sit back and watch passively or will they follow Sun Tzu's advice that "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

And if they do try and subdue Admedus without wanting to enter into direct competition who have a device which has far superior tissue AND most likely a far superior device mechanism for delivery what will this compromise/compensation look like?

How will Admedus stand to gain?

I don't know although this is a market very realistically worth hundreds of millions of $ per year, perhaps even billions of $ in the future if they play their cards right.

Fortunately with Wayne Paterson at the helm we have one of the finest card players in the world on our side.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$23.48
Change
0.280(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $424.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$23.50 $23.55 $23.15 $347.1K 14.83K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $23.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$23.48 954 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$23.43
  Change
0.280 ( 1.87 %)
Open High Low Volume
$23.47 $23.47 $23.25 161
Last updated 15.35pm 28/03/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.