FAR 1.23% 40.0¢ far limited

I didn't buy any FAR above the last CR price and held at an avg...

1. 13,370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 673

I didn't buy any FAR above the last CR price and held at an avg of 7.5c figuring it was fair value for SNE (low risk) at that level. 

I hung in there last year for 15c to sell half my stock but missed it by that much....   ahh well back  a near miss but down we go on Samo disappointment timed perfectly with a collapse in oil price.  A top up under 7c sees my avg drop a little.  I'm inclined to buy more but what is happening next?

Oil rebound - yes but when?  Winter heating oil and gas use in EU and US my help but geopolitical is about to get interesting in summer IMO.  My suspicion is that Trump is pulling the small scale US forces from Syria to reduce vulnerability in readiness for a significant confrontation with Iran.

In the next few months I expect we will see the finance deal from SNE JV , new oil code and new PSC (Exploitation).  FAR will be able to draw down on the JV debt facility to fund initial development and kick offtake and/or mezzanine finance negotiations down the road a year or so or less if oil sentiment improves (for sweeter offtake deal).

In the Gambia I'm sure the border regions with Senegal (Saloo) will be drilled next and a CR may be required there unless a further farm down is the source of funds for that adventure and interest payments on the SNE debt facility.

With the over inflated elephant-shaped SAMO hype-filled baloon punctured and deflating rapidly we have additional challenges in 2019 in the shape of oil sentiment and funding long term to production remains the perennial question mark for FAR !   When the funding uncertainty is removed we can move forward with more certainty (unless it is a convertible bond type solution involved in which case I bail at the first available profit opportunity)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $36.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 40.5¢ 40.0¢ $464.8K 1.155M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 119733 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 30000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
40.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
40.0¢ 40.5¢ 40.0¢ 68198
Last updated 14.47pm 28/03/2024 ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.