a quick look at activity in the futures market wit, page-3

1. 5,823 Posts.
    Hmmm... just go for it Gaweb ... would like to think HC has matured a little in recent times ... the aggressive/confrontational attitudes by a small yet noisy element have either learned that all contributions are valid or have hopefully moved on.

IMHO the Markets reflect what I regard as serious US 'sabre-rattling' to maximise pressure on Saddam which swings between War/No War almost daily ... Armitage global 'road-show' is the latest.

In addition, Bush is now happy to 'tank' the US dollar as part of basket of measures to 'heart-start' US economy ... at the risk of capital exiting for other parts.

The WMD's and Terrorism is a serious threat to international security and historically, whilst war has been a successful US strategy economically ... my view is that the US really needs Iraqi OIL to be turned back on (1.7billion barrels/day potential) which would equate to say US$15.00 per barrel and thereby providing a HUGE boost to US economic recovery.

So, my take on the Markets reflect this mix of War/Economy which are in a state of 'flux' due to the issues ... the duality will continue well into 2003.

US economy has been artificially sustained by domestic consumer numbers based on DEBT which is a balloon waiting to burst at home ...

Ugly US Trade Policy along with weaker dollar is Bush's EXPORT initiative will be the next challenge for the global economy.

IMHO the situation looks messy ... little evidence of Iraqi WMD's ... occupation a very BAD idea for the region.

US Foreign Policy already in tatters ...

Iraqi oil must be turned back on somehow to stop what is massive human tragedy causing the death of millions ...

The Markets will oscillate to and fro IMHO reflecting these until some resolution begins to appear ...

Cheers ...

This is only my view ... read the red stuff.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.